Welcome to Abhyasa Yoga!
Easter holidays! We are closed on Friday April 3 and reopen on Tuesday April 7. There will however be no pilates class on Tuesday April 7.
Come and experience how a regular yoga practice can improve your life
NEW YOGA STUDENTS:
If you're new to the studio come along try a month unlimited for £24!
Abhyasa Yoga is a welcoming space: a sanctuary away from your busy daily life. Whether you are wanting to get fit, to de-stress or to simply touch your toes, come and feel the benefits that arise from establishing a regular yoga practice.
The studio runs on a 'drop-in' basis, so whenever you'd like to join just come along about 10-15 minutes before the start of a class, and the teacher will be there to get you set up and show you how the studio works. You can find a full timetable on the 'classes' page.
We recommend starting with the 'Beginners', 'Gentle Flow' or 'Yin Yoga' classes.
We have two practice rooms at the studio and regularly host teachers from Ireland and beyond for workshops and events.
If you aren't able to make it to the studio for regular classes but would like to be kept informed of upcoming Yoga based workshops and events, please send us an email and we will add you to our mailing list.
Your centre for Mindfulness Meditation in Belfast.
The studio is running regular Mindfulness Meditation courses on Monday evening.
To find out more or to register please email email@example.com .
If you are new to Yoga, here are a few things to know:
- No experience or flexibility is required to practice Yoga, Yoga is for everyone!
- Please come to class 10-15 minutes early, to sign in and get set up.
- Please leave your mobile in your car or put it on silent.
- Remove your socks and shoes, we practice in our bare feet.
- Wear comfortable exercise clothing.
- Yoga mats are provided, but feel free to bring your own.
- Feel free to ask questions about anything that is not clear to you. Teachers will be happy to answer your questions after class or in class when possible.
- If you have a specific health issue (illness, injury or medical condition), please notify your instructor before class. Not every pose is appropriate for everyone.
- Yoga is non-competitive, its not just a work-out or techniques for relaxation. Its a complete practice, that makes the body stronger and healthier, for calming the mind, opening the heart and embracing that which gives our lives meaning.
- Accept yourself where you are. Its Ok to come out of a pose before the teacher says to, or adjust to a more comfortable variation. The physical practice is not 'no pain no gain'. On the contrary, the body will respond best when treated with kindness, love and acceptance.
- Stay for the entire class. If you need to leave early, tell the teacher beforehand and exit before final relaxation.
- Classes usually start with a few minutes of silent meditation focusing on the breath, and finish with the gesture and saying Namaste. This means the divinity in me bows to the divinity within you.
Custom Meditation Cushions- to help support your meditation practice! Email for more info or to order